Thanks for taking some time to learn and appreciate what we’ve worked so hard bringing to your computers and devices. We are excited to announce that we finally have new features installed that a lot of you have been asking us about. The aim of this article is to equip you with your new tools and handles on how to better manage your emails.
With our email platform, you should already be able to access your emails from the following from and devices clients:
- Microsoft Office Outlook for both Mac and Windows
- Mac mail clients
- Tablets and Smartphones with either Andriod or IOS
If you are struggling to access your emails from anyone of these clients, please contact support for assistance.
Now, I would like to bring your attention to our new features. Here’s what we’ve added to your existing subscription plan:
- Self-help auto setup tool
- Domain aliases
- Email forwarding
- Out of office auto-responder – This is a big one!
- SMS password reset – Very very important
- Attach files from Dropbox
Most of these features are controlled from your Webmail interface. So, what is Webmail?
Webmail is an email system in which a user can access their emails via a browser on any computer or device that is connected to the Internet. I love webmail! Its a powerful tool I personally use to manage mails, especially when I’m not in the office. And thanks to an email protocol called IMAP, all data and folders synchronise with my Outlook when I’m back in the office.
- These new features and upgrades DO NOT apply to our Gmail platform-based clients and our Hosted Exchange clients. If you are currently on our Gmail platform, we encourage you to consider migrating to Bit-Bite Mail. To upgrade your service to Bit-Bite Mail or Bit-Bite Mail Plus, send an upgrade request to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Domain tools and services
- Self-help auto setup tool. This tool will assist you in setting up your newly created email account on your device or client of choice or assist you in troubleshooting connectivity issues with an existing email account. Here is the link – https://help.emailsrvr.com: Sign in with your credentials and follow the wizard and prompts. Quite simple really.
- Domain aliases – To add an alias to your existing domain name, kindly contact support for assistance.
Email tools and services
The rest of the above mentioned new tools are found in our Webmail platform. Don’t worry about your Outlook settings clashing with your Webmail settings. Webmail will in a sense take control and help “enforce” your new rules across all your devices and clients. Your Webmail will be your news settings control centre.
- Log on to your Webmail account. Here is the link: http://mail.bit-bite.com. If you do not remember your password, kinldy contact support for assistance.
- Once logged in, look for your settings button. Its located at your top right hand corner of your browser. Click to access a set of options. Refer to the image below:
- SMS Password Reset – Click “Update phone” to further increase your security and user verification options. This option will assist you in future when resetting lost passwords. Very handy!
- For more options, go to “Settings” Refer to the image below:
- Once clicked, your “Settings” option will open up a windows similar to what you see above.
- Out of office auto-responder and Forwarding – Take some to explore your settings and see what other options have to offer. The “Incoming Email” option will grant you more options, enabling you set auto-replies, forwarding tools and filters. Additionally, the auto-reply and forwarding tools have time frame features, allowing users to set up their configurations within desired time frames. This is ideal for office professionals going on leave or attending events where they don’t have access to emails. Once finished with your setup, remember to click “save” at the bottom corner of the settings window to keep your new commands active.
- Spam Settings – This feature allows you to block or allow emails and help categorise your mails into organised documents. You now have control over how your spam is managed and you can block all those pesky ads and spammers that fill up your mailbox.
- Change Password – This setting allows you to change your mailbox password. It’s always a good idea to maintain a strong password to keep intruders and hackers out. However, if you do decide to change your password on Webmail, you will have to update all your clients and devices with your newly created password to avoid service interruptions on your clients and devices.
Well, there you have it. Enjoy your new features and thank you for taking the time to read this post.